Support the movement to keep drone research, innovation and businesses alive.
On June 26th the FAA issued its Interpretation of the Special Rule for Model Aircraft, effectively banning all commercial drone operation. This broad interpretation has negative implications for anyone using drone technology for agriculture, research, emergency services, aerial cinematography, or even hobbyist who enjoy flying FPV. Not only does this interpretation ban commercial drone use, but it forbids operators from flying over their own property (like farmers) even if no money is exchanged. While we acknowledge that some regulation is necessaryfor the integration of drones into national airspace, we believe that this is an overstep by the FAA that stifles innovation, kills job creation and adversely affects all of us already working with this emerging technology. We need your help to challenge this FAA decision and push for sensible legislation.
The goal is to raise money to pay for the legal fees in the lawsuit challenging the FAA’s recent “interpretation” of a 2012 law that would severely restrict FPV flying for hobby or business.
A coalition of drone related business companies have teamed together and asked a federal court to overturn the FAA rule
- The team has retained Brendan Schulman, the nation’s foremost expert on commercial drone law, as the lead attorney.
- Litigation is expensive and that’s why we are looking for contributions to help with the legal fees.
- We are gathering as many videos statements from entities and individuals being affected by this interpretation. If you fly FPV as a hobby or if you have abusiness that uses drones, you are affected.
Weather you are a manufacturer, retailer, service provider or hobbyist this decision negatively impacts you. If the FAA interpretation is codified into law the industry suffers as a whole.
We know firsthand how challenging raising funds can be and we appreciate every dollar we can get.There is no contribution to small.
- Donating to this campaign is ultimately an investment in the future growth of the drone industry and consequently an investment in the future growth of your business and new technologies.
- Together we can save our industry from the bureaucratic stranglehold of the FAA.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you can’t contribute that’s okay, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help:
- Help us spread the word. Post the campaign link on the forums and social media.
- Send us a video explaining how this negatively affects your business, innovation and the will kill the hobby.
- Send this campaign to as many people as you can.
- Write to the FAA
- Contact us to find out how you can be part of the solution
Live show with updates and experts
The Ultimate Reward
For the nest 45 days, we will conduct live interviews with experts, business owners and other industry leaders. You will be able to join the conversation and ask questions, live on ustream.