Santa Cruz, 1st May 2015 – The Drone Data X Conference is an event taking place where some of the best minds in UAV technology can meet and share ideas, as well as enjoy Kitesurfing, Mountain Biking, and Surfing in Beautiful Santa Cruz, California.
Unlike a traditional conference, the speakers, investors and CEOs will enjoy a weekend together to discuss strategy, learn from each other and build relationships.
The highlight of the visit will be a day long conference in the Kaiser Permanente Area, exploring future opportunities associated with design, testing, manufacturing and construction of leading technology sectors. The focus for this conference will be on ‘Drones and Data’.
Coupled with the Friday event, the attendees will be staying in Santa Cruz where they will be treated to some of the best biking, surfing and kitesurfing in the world. This, in addition to the beauty of the Santa Cruz coastline makes for an exciting and new experience for its participants.
This initiative enjoys the support of The City of Santa Cruz. Leading the event organisation is Managing Director of Voxpro USA, Philip McNamara. Speaking at the launch, Philip said ‘I see huge potential in the development of Drone Technology, and in 20 years we’ll really see what drones are all about – the future of personal transportation. We’ll have some of the best minds in drone technology here for the weekend, and over the weekend we’ll get to know each other on a personal level, which is unlike a normal conference.”
Bonnie Lipscomb, Director of Economic Development for the City of Santa Cruz is extremely enthusiastic about the project. ‘I’m a firm believer in learning the skills of entrepreneurship. Having leaders such as these in Santa Cruz for a weekend, telling their stories will be of interest to many like-minded entrepreneurs in the community and hopefully will further serve to motivate our graduates and young innovators. It also gives us the creative forum to leverage the collective knowledge and experience of the visiting CEOs into new opportunities locally.”
Some of the leading companies from Silicon Valley will be taking part:
- Joby Aviation (www.jobyaviation.com) want to rid us of traffic by building a battery powered VTOL plane
- Skycatch (www.skycatch.com) are developing drone robots that can automatically land, re-energise and take high altitude photos for logging companies and construction companies to track progress
- DJI (www.dji.com) is a company that produces the world’s most popular drone, the Phantom. http://www.dji.com/product/phantom
- Project Cara is the new idea by the former CEO of Hailo, one of Europe’s most successful taxi booking apps.
- Drone Deploy. This company helps people to make sense of the huge amounts of data that is generated by drones. (www.dronedeploy.com)
- Representing the Government we will have Jim Williams from the FAA. Jim will help the delegates to understand the government’s position on drones and how companies will be encouraged to become licenced.
- 3D Robotics is the premiere advanced drone, UAV, multicopter, autopilot and autonomous vehicle control company in the world.(www.3drobotics.com)
- Skydio builds an computer vision based navigation system that makes drones easy, intuitive, and safe for anyone to operate. (www.skyd.io)
After the conference on Friday 1st May, an exclusive group of speakers and invited guests will be invited to private locations in Santa Cruz to take part in kitesurfing, biking and surfing along the coast. This is the same format from the hugely successful Drone and Data Conference in Ireland in November 2014.
The dates for our event are May 1st for the conference. On May 2nd and 3rd we’ll have a limited number of spaces are available at the weekend event. For more details, please go online to nua.io.