A few months ago we shared with you about the Blast, a quadcopter with nerf-firing capabilities, created by Andy Shen. Well, Andy has been hard at work since then on another creation – a fully interlocking bamboo quadcopter frame. Enter Booboo.
If you’re looking for an environmentally friendly quad frame, or just a really really cool one, this baby’s for you. Booboo is also lightweight, and fully capable of carrying all the usual – camera, gimbal, fpv setup, etc. And what’s more, it is assembled without glue or hardware, so in the case of a crash, you can just fit the pieces back together.
Andy got the original idea in early March, and received the first prototype March 13. With the first production pieces arriving on May 11th, this was his fastest production cycle yet (the Blast took a year!). You can read more about the process of development on Shendrones.com. If you’d like to own your own Booboo (and who doesn’t want to have a Boo to call their own?) check out the store listing and build instructions.
Source: Andy Shen
- Handmade Drone Ornament - July 15, 2019
- Data Visualization and Analytics: Q&A with Jan Wouter Kruyt of Propeller Aero - November 7, 2018
- End-to-End Drone Mapping Solutions – Q&A on eBee X and ANAFI Work - October 29, 2018
- 3D Sensing Solutions – Q&A with Cepton Technologies - October 26, 2018
- Would You Rather: Race a Car or Race a Drone - July 18, 2018