Today, Intel Capital has announced a $60 million investment and collaboration with Yuneec International, the world leader in electric aviation. Yuneec is poised to take a leading role with the backing of Intel, a company at the forefront of the technology industry.
The two CEOs said their companies also will collaborate on future products. “We believe drones have the potential to positively change lives in many ways, whether that’s delivering consumer goods or inspecting disaster sites. And with the coming addition of Intel technology inside, Yuneec’s smart drones can create amazing possibilities,” said Krzanich. “We’re pleased to collaborate with a leader in this important new space.”
Yuneec intends to use the funding to accelerate product marketing and development. “With our deep IP and control over manufacturing, Yuneec is singularly positioned to expand the consumer drone market,” said Tian Yu, CEO of Yuneec. “Our drones are manufactured to be ready to fly ‘out of the box’ and ensure stable, smooth flying and video capture.”
- Handmade Drone Ornament - July 15, 2019
- Data Visualization and Analytics: Q&A with Jan Wouter Kruyt of Propeller Aero - November 7, 2018
- End-to-End Drone Mapping Solutions – Q&A on eBee X and ANAFI Work - October 29, 2018
- 3D Sensing Solutions – Q&A with Cepton Technologies - October 26, 2018
- Would You Rather: Race a Car or Race a Drone - July 18, 2018