Hollywood, FL. Posvisual is announcing production of the first film completely shot by quadcopters, popularly known as drones. Final Minute is a thriller directed by Luis Aviles and produced by Alberto Pablo Rivera; both independent filmmakers. The film has as scenario the carnival festivities in Ambato, Ecuador, a city known for its traditional and colorful celebrations.
Filming is scheduled to start during the Carnival of 2016 and will be released in theaters at the end of that year.
The director of the film has been interested in new narrative forms and seeks to film with a visual style that presents a free camera in terms of movement. Immediately after he had the opportunity to work using drones, he raised the idea of incorporating this technology in a project with an innovative approach; and the film Final Minute was born.
The genre and plot of the film were chosen strategically. Avilés wrote the script thinking about the kind of story that works best for the project, and saw the police thriller as the ideal genre to explore all the visual possibilities offered by drones.
“In countries like the US, there are discussions on how to regulate the use of drones in audiovisual productions. Having the opportunity to develop this project in Ecuador will contribute to the topic by showing one of the many possibilities offered by this technology,” highlights the director Luis Avilés.
With an initial budget of $140,000, production is about to complete its financing. Part of the funds will be raised through an international crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter, that will run till October 1 with a target of $30,000.
- Power Over Fiber: Implications for the Drone Industry – Interview with PowerLight CEO Richard Gustafson - March 2, 2018
- DJI Unveils the New Mavic Air - January 23, 2018
- An Economical Custom-Built Drone for Assessing Whale Health - January 12, 2018
- IQ Motion Control Soon to Release High-Efficiency Drone Motors - December 1, 2017
- Lyfted Media Takes Aerial Event Coverage to the Next Level - November 29, 2017