Last week Fusion Imaging announced that they are creating a Shapeways sponsored FPV drone using Shapeways’ new 3D printed Raw Aluminum Material. They’ve built the components and done their first test flight. The results are impressive – this drone can zoom through the air at nearly 90 mph per hour!
Designer Haydn Bao discusses the advantages of printing a drone directly into a metal like aluminum. The lightweight, strong and heat resistant frame allows for incredible max speeds even on the first test flight.
- Photogrammetry Software for any Application: Interview with SimActive President Philippe Simard - April 15, 2020
- Handmade Drone Ornament - July 15, 2019
- Data Visualization and Analytics: Q&A with Jan Wouter Kruyt of Propeller Aero - November 7, 2018
- End-to-End Drone Mapping Solutions – Q&A on eBee X and ANAFI Work - October 29, 2018
- 3D Sensing Solutions – Q&A with Cepton Technologies - October 26, 2018