Parrot has announced the official launch of the new Parrot Sequoia multispectral camera. The Sequoia is immediately compatible with the Sensefly eBee, but it can also fit on just about any other drone (including multi-rotors) using just a standard GoPro-size mount. It’s available now on the Parrot website.
The Parrot Sequoia is one of the smallest and lightest multispectral sensors ever released. In a single flight it automatically captures images across four defined visible and non-visible spectral bands, plus RGB imagery. This makes it easier than ever before for agronomists and farmers to get the data they need to calculate valuable plant indices, such as NDVI. These indices inform the targeting of inputs such as fertilizer and water distribution, minimizing application and maximizing efficiency. This imagery is also valuable to scientific field research in forestry, habitat preservation, and countless ecological applications.
- Data Visualization and Analytics: Q&A with Jan Wouter Kruyt of Propeller Aero - November 7, 2018
- End-to-End Drone Mapping Solutions – Q&A on eBee X and ANAFI Work - October 29, 2018
- 3D Sensing Solutions – Q&A with Cepton Technologies - October 26, 2018
- Would You Rather: Race a Car or Race a Drone - July 18, 2018
- A Modern Take on Drone Insurance - July 9, 2018