Based in Shanghai, China and started in 2012, Sunly Technology (SunlyTech) has committed itself to the research, development and production of innovative hi-tech products.
SunlyTech launched the new Alpha CAM drone, featuring palm-size design, auto follow, facial recognition selfie, auto return, 4K video and 20-minute battery life; now available for pre-order on Indiegogo. The Alpha CAM drone utilizes the Qualcomm Snapdragon™ Flight platform, a next-generation development platform designed to help manufacturers build the future of consumer robots and drones.
“The Alpha CAM is a compact, light, yet extremely rich-featured consumer drone,” said Hugo Swart, senior director, product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “In very short time; SunlyTech used the Snapdragon Flight platform to create a drone product. We look forward to the introduction of the Alpha CAM and are excited to see how this drone can delight consumers and help open up new business opportunities for SunlyTech.”
“When we first thought about how to design Alpha CAM, we looked at several prospective and advanced technologies that could be integrated into the Alpha CAM. But, when we received our first demo, we decided to overthrow all of our efforts and redo the design concept of Alpha CAM.” said Andy Zheng, CEO of SunlyTech. “What we ended up making is not a cold high-tech aircraft, but a product that was user friendly and could accompany people, with temperature and feelings. What we want is a product that can change the way people experience and record their life, and that is Alpha CAM.”
The Alpha CAM drone takes advantage of SunlyTech’s innovative technologies as well as some of the key advanced features of the Snapdragon Flight platform including 4K video, advanced communication and navigation designed to provide dual band Wi-Fi connectivity and precise GNSS location capabilities, as well as the integrated Qualcomm Hexagon™ DSP engineered to deliver real time flight control.
Alpha CAM excels at offering:
Smart Controls & Smart Filming
- Visual control interface and one-click launch with smart phone app.
- Three easy-to-use control modes: voice, touch and motion.
- Auto filming: keeps centering on the subject, making aerial photography easier than ever.
- Variety of smart filming modes that unleash user’s imagination and personality.
- GPS+GLONASS dual mode positioning system for quick acquisition of satellite signals, as well as precise outdoor positioning and navigation.
- Visual position system for smooth positioning and flying even at places without GPS signals.
- Dual-frequency WiFi connection for reliable data transmission.
- Auto return/Auto landing in low-battery and unusual circumstances.
- 9-Axis IMU. Acceleration sensor. Angular velocity sensor. Digital compass.
- Wind resistance up to moderate breeze.
HD Quality Images/Videos
- 4K video. 13 mega pixel photo.
- Professional Sony imaging sensor.
- 3-Axis Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) for effective filtering of image dithering.
- Automatic beauty mode.
- Special effects such as night scene mode and defogging shooting.
- Real-time photo/video preview on smartphone.
- One-click sharing with Sunly Fly App.
With the Indiegogo campaign to launch on Dec. 1st, 2016, backers will soon now have the opportunity to pre-order Alpha CAM before it officially hits the market at significantly discounted rates. To view the campaign and subscribe for updates, click to visit the indiegogo campaign page.
The first round of mass production will begin shortly after the Indiegogo campaign. Many design and production issues have been resolved during prototype production and testing. Product is expected to begin shipping to backers in January 2017.