Sky Drone has just released the next generation, the FPV 2 camera solution. FPV 2 from Sky Drone uses 4G/LTE mobile networks to connect the camera to a groundstation app, which receives and displays a video stream. Such transmission is low-latency with less than 150ms of end-to-end latency and can provide HD quality even over hundreds of kilometers of distances. At the same time, a bi-directional data / telemetry channel, allows to pass information like MAVLink from the drone to a ground station (e.g. QGroundControl) and even back to the drone from a ground station.
Sky Drone FPV 2 costs US$699, is available worldwide and comes in two versions: a Europe/Asia and a US version. Each version is shipped with its own modem that is compatible in the different regions of the world. The Europe/Asia version appears to be compatible with mobile networks in Australia as well, for example. So it pays to check the tech specs section to see if your local carrier is supported too.
$50 OFF for our readers!
We’ve got an exclusive great deal for our readers. You can now get $50 off the Sky Drone FPV 2. That means you’ll practically get international shipping for free and pay less for the whole set.
Here are the details:
• Coupon Code: DroneBlogCom50
• Discount Amount: US$50
• Valid: until Sunday, November 13th, 2016
• Product Page: www.skydrone.aero
About Sky Drone
The Sky Drone team is a dedicated group of drone / UAV enthusiasts that are dreaming of a future of fully autonomously flying drones. Their first product Sky Drone FPV 1 launched on Indiegogo in 2013 and after en extensive period if development and production, it shipped earlier in 2016. The latest Sky Drone FPV 2 product is a much more modular version with a software platform that was built for all data transmission tasks of the future of drones.
- Photogrammetry Software for any Application: Interview with SimActive President Philippe Simard - April 15, 2020
- Handmade Drone Ornament - July 15, 2019
- Data Visualization and Analytics: Q&A with Jan Wouter Kruyt of Propeller Aero - November 7, 2018
- End-to-End Drone Mapping Solutions – Q&A on eBee X and ANAFI Work - October 29, 2018
- 3D Sensing Solutions – Q&A with Cepton Technologies - October 26, 2018