Check this 100+ list of the top commercial drone events of 2017 compiled by SkyTango. Which events will you visit this year to keep updated on the drone industry, develop your professional network and increase your sales?
The commercial and civil UAV market is booming: new products, new applications, new companies are entering into and changing this industry almost everyday.
In this extremely dynamic scenario, how can you keep updated on the latest news, find partners or quickly develop your professional network?
Attending the best commercial drone events will help you in several ways.
- Participating to high quality UAV conferences, workshops or technical sessions is a quick and efficient way to learn about what’s going on in your sector and improve your business.
- If you participate in an international or national drone trade show, exhibition or fair as an exhibitor, you will get a platform to showcase your products to a premium audience, an opportunity to meet your target customers face-to-face, and a way to monitor what the competition is doing.
- Trade shows and exhibitions are also a great marketing and sales channel helping you build your brand, get leads and customers, and increase your overall sales.
- If you have a specific expertise or an interesting business case, you could also attend an event as a speaker and build your reputation (and your brand’s reputation) as an expert within the industry.
- Most of the events listed below feature networking and matchmaking activities too: they will allow you to rapidly increase your professional network, and to find commercial partners or investors.
So, there are plenty of reasons to attend one or more commercial drone events in 2017!
We have reviewed B2B drone events such as trade shows, expositions and conferences with national or international importance. We found that in 2013 there were 17 commercial drone events, which grew to 30 in 2014 and 60 in 2015. We counted over 90 commercial drone events organized in 2016, and we are counting over 100 in 2017!
So, how will you choose which commercial drone expo you should attend to benefit you most and get your return on the investment?
To help you pick which drone event to attend, we have listed the most important drone events both by month and by location:
A number of events which ran in 2016 haven’t been confirmed yet for 2017. Most of them are likely to run again in 2017, so we added them to this list (flagging them as not confirmed yet).
Scrolling down in the page, you will find an overview for each drone event, including details on location, dates, costs, organizers, sponsors, focus etc.
What you will find in this list:
- Exhibition, Trade shows, Conferences and similar events taking place in 2017, of international or national relevance, focused on commercial and civil applications of drone technologies
- A few top B2B events dedicated to emerging technologies, with a prominent focus on drones
What you will NOT find in this list:
- Events of local relevance
- Events focused on Defense and Security
- Events focused on military applications of drone technologies (such as the DSEI in London, Unmanned Aerial Systems Conference in London orUMEX in Abu Dhabi)
- Events focused on the aviation industry (such as the Bahrain International Airshow), unless they host a prominent section of international or national relevance on drones
- Events mostly dedicated to other emerging technologies, if they just have a minor focus on drones
- Biennial events not planned for 2017
- Drone racing only events
If you are still unsure about which drone event you should attend, we would recommend you follow Colin Snow (DroneAnalyst)’s five tips for navigating the Drone Expo fad:
- Who is organizing the event? Is it an industry body or an event company? Are they recognized in the industry and do they have the right connections?
- What is the focus of the event? Is it aimed at the drone sector in which you are involved?
- Who is the audience for the event? Is it more consumer or B2B oriented? Do buyers or sellers of drone technology attend?
- Who are the speakers?
- Look at the exhibitors. Are they of interest to you and your business?
Let us know if we are missing an important commercial drone event from the list. If you have attended any and have something to say about it, let us know that too!