The consumer drone market added a ton of new products in the last year, and people need an updated guide to face all the chaos.
Chinese markets exploded with so called beginner drones for cheaper prices, and that’s a very good thing.
However, if you’re new to this, it can be very overwhelming and we really don’t want you to drop off the thought of getting in the hobby.
Our friends at DronesBuyer.com created this drone infographic for 2017 that should help you focus on the most important points when buying a drone this year.
Although it’s dedicated mostly to people who want to buy their FIRST quadcopter, it can also be used as a guide for more advanced gear. This being said, I don’t recommend getting a cheap beginner drone with a camera on it, as it’s pretty useless for a quad that you should just use for learning how to fly.
Here are the main points underlined in the infographic below:
- Safety and Durability – A MUST for beginners that are certain to crash the drone a lot (I still do it even now) It’s a normal part of life to fall down, but this way we make sure you are able to get up (and not hurt anybody)
- Battery Life – Nobody wants to get in the action and finish it before you had the chance to even warm up. This is why a bigger battery life might come in handy.
- Speed – No reason to stay for longer in the air if there’s no fun out of it. Hit that throttle… in a safe way.
- Drone Portability – Just as I wrote this I thought about the new foldable drone from DJI (Mavic) and I can’t stress enough how important it is for ANY drone to be portable. But don’t worry, being bigger also comes with its advantages.
- Why the New Osmo Pocket from DJI is a Gamechanger for Vloggers - January 16, 2019
- Picking a camera drone: How expensive should you go? - October 20, 2017
- Infographic: Drone buying guide in 2017 - February 8, 2017