3DR has been busy lately. They’ve recently added Pix4D processing to their capabilities, and have just announced an upcoming integration with DJI drones. 3DR has a stated aspiration to make Site Scan the complete drone solution for construction and engineering professionals across the world.
With that goal in their sights, 3DR has just introduced another set of new features to Site Scan Manager. They’ve added three new ways to visualize your elevation data: Elevation Models, Hillshades, and Cut and Fill Maps. These viewers will help you get actionable, detailed information about your jobsite.
Elevation Model: With this model, you can turn your elevation data into a heatmap in order to quickly understand and verify elevation across your site. This is crucial, for example, when you need to know which way drainage water will flow and what areas of your site will require the most grading. You can adjust the altitude ranges to view the area that you’re most interested in, and change the opacity as well.
Hillshade: Need to clearly identify the 3D objects in your orthomosaic? The hillshade viewer makes it easy, providing a grayscale 3D image of your jobsite, with the position of the sun taken into account to ensure proper shading.
Cut and Fill Map: In addition to cut and fill calculations, now you can easily set your desired grading elevation and then view a high-resolution cut and fill map to know exactly how much work needs to be done.
- Data Visualization and Analytics: Q&A with Jan Wouter Kruyt of Propeller Aero - November 7, 2018
- End-to-End Drone Mapping Solutions – Q&A on eBee X and ANAFI Work - October 29, 2018
- 3D Sensing Solutions – Q&A with Cepton Technologies - October 26, 2018
- Would You Rather: Race a Car or Race a Drone - July 18, 2018
- A Modern Take on Drone Insurance - July 9, 2018