Guest post by Diana Frost
Since the creation of the first multicopter almost a century has passed. During this time, the multi-card developed significantly and became known as unmanned aerial vehicles or drones. The number of screws used was fixed to four, six and eight, and four screw models, quadcopters, were recognized as the most popular. The scope of application is very extensive, from miniature toys for children and adults to professional models that can produce incredible photographs, such as volcanic eruptions. The drone’s popularity is growing every day, they are becoming more accessible to the average person who wants to get new impressions from both flight control and high quality photography from a bird’s eye view.
- DJI Phantom 3 Professional
Phantom 3 Professional is the dream of every quadcopter lover. In this wonderful model is the most advanced technology to date. This includes a professional 4K camera, a three-axis remote control of the suspension, automatic landing and automatic landing, an upgraded GPS controller and online video transmission with HD resolution of up to 2000 meters and an advanced vision visual positioning system that allows you to fly without problems indoors and a powerful power unit with four brushless motors, an intelligent powerful power source and many more useful devices and functions. Thanks to amazing stability and stability during the flight, this drone is very easy to handle. For those who want to save on the shot quality but not lose in flight characteristics, the Phantom 3 Advanced or Standard version will do.
- lifting speed – 5m / s;
- descent speed – 3 m / s;
- max speed – 16 m / s calm;
- flight altitude up to 6 km;
- camera with a resolution of UHD 4096 × 2160p and a viewing angle of 94 °;
- 12 megapixel images;
- Vision positioning system;
- radio control; Wi-Fi;
- flight time up to 23 minutes;
- CCTV systems that allow you to broadcast online video from a distance of up to 2 kilometers;
- accelerometer, altitude sensor, ultrasonic sensor;
- battery capacity 4480 mAh;
- 100W powerful charger;
- Home function;
- different flight modes;
- There are closed flight zones in the firmware.
- besides the high price that justifies itself, there are no shortcomings.
- Hubsan X4 Camera H107C
The Quadcopter Hubsan X4 Camera H107C will be a great device for a fun pastime. This budget drone weighs only 51 g, which in combination with a 380 mA * hour battery allows you to accelerate to 60 km / h. Well-chosen propellers provide the model with good maneuverability. The aircraft is recommended to be discharged in a controlled flight up to a distance of 100 m. Communication with the console is via a 2.4 GHz radio signal. Chinese equipment is also equipped with a camera that provides a resolution when recording 480p video. But you cannot control the camera remotely.
The best drones under 100 is equipped with a set of spare blades, chargers, instructions. An additional option is FPV (First Person View).
- small overall dimensions;
- flight time 7 minutes;
- built-in camera;
- nice design.
- battery charging via USB only;
- blurred image from camera.
- Syma X5SW
The most popular cheap quadcopter with a camera, which acquires beginners, is the Chinese model Syma X5SW. The drone can climb 50 m and move from the operator by 150 m. Flight time is limited to 5.5 minutes. The equipment is controlled by a remote control via a 2.4 GHz radio channel The model is equipped with a camera (2 megapixels), which records video with a resolution of 720p.
Despite the low price, the quadcopter has a number of useful features. For example, Headless mode, support for Android and iOS mobile operating systems, first-person view (FPV). As for the quality of the drone, however, users note the resistance of the unit to falls, the availability of spare parts for sale, stable behavior in light winds.
- build quality;
- good battery;
- easy handling;
- not afraid of falls.
- weak camera;
- At a distance of 20 m, communication with the console disappears.
- Walkera QR X350 PRO
The universalism of this drone is that it can be controlled by both a beginner and an avid model airplane hobbyist. Due to the high capacity battery, the model can fly for up to 25 minutes. Flight control provides excellent stabilization during flight. Automatic return and landing features will simplify the life of each pilot. Double-axis gyro stabilization suspension for a camera with two brushless motors makes it possible to avoid shaking when shooting. The radiant control of the radio channel reaches 2 kilometers, the GPS module allows you to hold the exact position of the suspension and an alternative configuration can include an iLook HD camera with a video transmitter.
- powerful propulsion unit based on brushless motors;
- durable plastic case
- excellent flight stabilization
- autopilot, return to starting point, automatic landing;
- positioning accuracy;
- anti-vibration suspension for the camera;
- height sensor, compass;
- control range up to 2000 m;
- video transmission radius up to 1 km;
- can be equipped with an FPV camera;
- flight time up to 25 minutes;
- low voltage alarm;
- spare propeller.
- additional camera is required
- First, it is difficult to understand the calibration and unlocking of motors.
- Hubsan X4 FPV H107D
The dimensions of this adult toy are only 70 * 70 * 25 mm. It will be able to interest those who love to fly in the first person, as it is equipped with an FPV camera. The sensitivity of the control is adaptable, which suits both beginners and experts. Control is exercised over the radio channel and at a distance of up to 100 meters. Video is broadcast at the same distance. The camera is built into body shots with a resolution of 480p, the maximum flight time is 7 minutes, but the battery lasts in just half an hour.
- proprietary chip – FPV camera;
- 6-axis flight control system;
- decent battery and charging time;
- access to spare parts and accessories
- different settings that simplify the student’s life and help develop a professional;
- despite its small size, it can also fly with wind jets;
- rich backlighting;
- structural reliability.
- small camera angle;
- poor video quality;
- video conversion required
- video recording interference.
- WLToys V262C
Large avant-garde quadcopter type. Its diagonal dimensions are almost 62 cm. The impressive frame protects the screws in the drone and makes the construction itself strong enough to withstand repeated cases. Flight stability is achieved thanks to a six-axis gyro. Starting is possible with hands, can fly evenly with the wind and four preset position settings are suitable for both adults and children.
- Low Price;
- removable damage protection
- The presence of an external camera in the kit;
- 4 control channels with a frequency of 2.4 GHz;
- control distance of 150 meters;
- flight time up to 10 minutes;
- a separate 360 degree flip button;
- contacts on the contacts.
- Motor collector with gear;
- 480p video resolution;
- charging time 90 minutes.