You’ve probably already heard about the incredible drone revolution.
As drones become more popular, their price is driven down, their technology becomes better and simply put, they become more accessible.
But the commercial and consumer drone revolution has both an interesting, a curious and even a more terrifying past – the history of drones is extremely interesting.
It’s interesting to read and understand how drones technology has come about and how it has matured over the years. Quite a lot of different technologies had to come together to eventually enable the current version of drones.
And drones, like most pieces of technology start with military use first and then trickle down into everyday use, both commercial and consumer.
The following Infographic from DronesBuy.net fully explains the history of drones as it happened through the ages, from the initial unmanned flight, to the current usage of consumer and commercial drones.
But let me ask you a few questions to tickle your curiosity!
- Did you know that the first unmanned vehicle flight took place in 1782 by the Montgolfier brothers?
- Did you know that military use of drones first occurred in 1848 in Austria?
- Did you know that Nikolo Tesla played an important part in the evolution of the history of drones?
- Did you know that the first drone with a “camera” was deployed at the end of the 19th century?
- Did you know that Marilyn Monroe was discovered when working within a military drone facility?
- Did you know that these days drones are being used to create spectacular lighting effects in concerts such as the Super Bowl by artists such as Lady Gaga?
Have a look at the infographic below, or click to read the full article on the history of drones.