Transferring your pictures from your DJI Fly app to your computer is a fairly simple process. Follow these steps, and you’ll be able to transfer your photos and videos in no time.
In order to transfer your DJI Fly app pictures and video, you’ll need to have them in the app in the first place. Most of the time, your DJI drone will already save your photos and videos taken during your flight to your app.
However, if the case arises where it is not automatically saved to your app album, follow these steps below.
Save photos from drone to album
You’ll need to power on your DJI drone and connect your smartphone or viewfinder device to the remote controller.
Navigate to the DJI Fly app and open up the album found in the left-hand corner of the screen.
Go to the top of the screen and find your drone on the left hand and your device on the right hand. You’ll want to select your drone’s memory, as shown below.
Select the photos and videos you would like to transfer to the app and click save to album. Now that your footage and photos are saved to your album, you’ll be able to transfer them to your computer.
Methods of transfer
There are several methods you can take when transferring your footage and photos from your DJI Fly app to your computer.
The first process will cover one of the most direct ways to do so. The second and third are great ways to transfer photos and video remotely.
This can be useful when you don’t have the hardware to direct transfer or you’re away from your computer during the transfer.
Follow along to discover the simple process of transferring photos and videos from your DJI Fly album to your PC.
The first method of transfer: Direct Transfer (very fast!)
- Connect your smartphone or viewfinder device to your computer. Your computer will ask to download the photos and videos, and so will your smartphone or viewfinder device.
- You’ll need to hit the allow button.
- Now that you have permission to download the photos and videos to your computer, navigate to this PC on your PC.
- You should see internal memory, as well as an icon for your smartphone, your finder, or USB. Click on this icon.
- You will navigate to DCIM.
- From there, you can select the photos you would like to transfer to your device.
- Create a new folder on your PC and drag the selected photos and videos into the new folder from your DCIM.
- You have successfully downloaded the footage and videos from your DJI fly app to your computer.
The second method of transfer: Good for sharing
This method is slightly less direct; however, you will be able to do it wirelessly and remotely.
For instance, this method may be useful if you need someone else to download the files onto their computer or yours while you are away.
You might also wish to use this method if you are missing a cord to connect your smartphone or viewfinder to your computer.
If you have a cloud device such as iCloud, Google Drive, or even Imager, you’ll be able to upload your photos and videos directly to your cloud software.
For this example, we will use Google drive.
- Open up your Google Drive
- Select add folder.
- Type in a name of the folder that you are adding.
- Begin the transfer process by selecting file upload.
- Once file upload has been selected, you will be presented with a selection on your smartphone or viewfinder device of where to pull the files from. You can choose either a photo album or the DJI fly app.
- Select the files that you wish to choose to upload, and click done.
- These files will be done uploading to the cloud and will be accessible to you anywhere in the world that you have internet.
- Now you will be able to log on to your computer and access your Google Drive from there.
- Once on Google Drive, go to the folder and select download.
You have now successfully downloaded your photos and videos to your computer.
The third method of transfer: Good for small files
The third method is similar to the second; however, it has the drawback of having less of a file size to work with. This means you’ll likely need to only upload photos to your computer.
- Go into your DJI Fly app and select the photos you wish to upload to your computer and share them by email.
- If the file sizes are small enough, you will be able to share them directly in an email.
- Now log on to your PC and click on the received email that you have sent yourself and download the photos from there.
You should now be able to transfer photos and videos seamlessly from your DJI Fly app to your computer. With three different ways provided within this article, you’ll be able to determine the best way for your situation.
However, if one is to be suggested as the best, method number 1 is certainly the easiest and, in most cases, the fastest.
If the first method doesn’t work or doesn’t suit your situation, the second and third methods are surefire ways to successfully transfer photos and videos from DJI Fly to your PC.